Global Connections, Inc. offices got in on going green with various activities celebrating Earth Day the entire week leading up to April 22.
The Overland Park, Clearwater, Myrtle Beach, and Orlando Sales & Marketing offices, along with Lodge by The Blue resort, did their part with ecofriendly tip display boards and/or community service.
According to Heather L. at the Clearwater office, they also kicked their recycling into high gear by collecting recyclables from April 18-22 and taking them directly to the local recycling plant.
Lodge by The Blue showed their green by conducting a cleanup of the resort property and a piece of Colorado Highway 9 that runs in front of the resort.
“In addition to picking up trash around the property and part of the highway, we participate in recycling every day and ask our willing guests to participate,” Crystal H., Lodge by The Blue Property Manager, said. “Most of them are happy to recycle!”
Here were some of the most popular tips:
- Recycle everything you can.
- Wash clothes in cold water.
- Enroll in paperless billing wherever possible.
- Skip a shower, or shower every other day.
- Shop with reuseable bags and reuse plastic bags around the house.
- Use LED light bulbs.
- Turn off the faucet and the lights when not absolutely necessary.
- Buy in bulk and buy products made from recycled materials.
- Dry out paper towels that are only wet with water to use them again.
Happy Earth Day!
How do you “go green” each day? Share your tips with us!