The Global Connections Travel Department recently had the honor of speaking to members of Building Better Moms, a church program that allows moms to connect, learn, grow, and serve together.
Our main goal for this course was to give families a helpful start on planning their next memorable trip. Not only did this benefit our audience, but throughout our presentation we were able to learn about travel interests from each family, as well as questions or concerns that many had before, during and after a trip.
Moms were given a chance to explore destinations, learn about the best ways to entertain kids, gather ideas to minimize family luggage and find family services on the go. Here are some of the tips we shared with our BBM group:
- Some of the greatest values for families can be found at all-inclusive resorts such as Club Med and the Nickelodeon Resort by Karisma. These are two of the many resorts that are designed specifically for families and guarantee a fun trip!
- Road trips are a great way to involve children. With access to the internet, children have the chance to learn about destinations, read road maps, and even learn how to budget. Don’t forget to bring a movie, a scrap book, or a device with kid-friendly apps to keep children entertained.
- One of the greatest things to take with you is extra time! When you factor in any sudden changes, you are less likely to lose your cool and will be more ready to take on the unexpected.
- Kids seem to become the sickest during traveling (I know I do!). It could be because they’re out of routine or jet-lagged, but it is easier to handle when you are equipped with easy-to-swallow medicines to knock out a stuffy nose or a fever.
- Because most cruise lines such as Royal Caribbean and Norwegian Cruise lines have kids’ programs and family facilities (providing things like laundry and baby supplies), parents can pack less luggage.
- When a parent experiences a destination with their child, it’s like seeing something for the first time. Tour operators such as Adventures by Disney and G Adventures combine both a family atmosphere and guided tours throughout the world. These are great options for families to learn and experience a destination with their loved ones.
Because the Global agents work with families every day, we know that family vacations are important. We are happy to have been a part of this course and give families a starting point for their next vacation!
Photos courtesy of Travel Agent Nancy P.